Come on in, it's comfortable in the nest

I'd love to add a picture here of the nest with our robins in it on the tree branches. Dale painted it on an Ohio shaped piece of slate we found on our honeymoon in New York. He cleaned and baked it, drilled a couple holes in the corners and knotted rope through it so we would be able to hang it up in our home. He was a talented artist, poet, loved God and his Savior, a great cook, and loved to suprise me taking me to differnt historic spots and learning about them. We did a wonderful tour of Amish Country, Niagra Falls, the Mormon historic town here in Kirtland, OH, Wine Country. He taught me about pottery he collected. We had fun refinishing our bathroom into a "Fisherman's Closet" is all I can say to describe it. We had started gardening. I try to keep it up in memory of him, but HE had the green thumb. Not me so much. Since my sister lost her husband in April I have been regrieving with her as well as dealing with my Mom who has Alzheimer's. It's an awful disease. We slowly lose a part of her each day. Some days it's not so noticeable and we are fortunate that she has a sense of humor that we have to actually do a doubletake and wonder if she really has the disease. My dear sweetie, Steve, says we should take her on the road. We'd do better than the Blue Collar Comedy Club team! She is an Elvis Presley fan. She remembers him. We shopped a day at the local Goodwill and she found a doll replica of Elvis with his guitar and swivel hips and it's her favorite toy. On our way to my daughter Chrissy's yesterday she told me she wanted to find someone and get married again. Was that ever out of the blue!! My luck she would and then "forget" she got married and take a devilish delight in living in sin! Ha ha ha! Definately have to write that certificate in BOLD Sharpie and hang it on the wall. I have her and my dads wedding certificate , it's a Catholic scroll with beautiful artistry 16x20 size, framed over the bookcase. Can't miss it. She says I haven't seen my marriage certificate in a long time! That's the way of her.
Well I can tell my emotions are all over the place today. I am still exhausted from our vacation home, that Mother doesn't remember. We went to Fulton, KY, Union City, TN, Henderson, TX,Wynne, AR, Memphis, TN to visit family and friends we haven't seen in awhile. Good thing we took pictures.
Seems we got home in time. Carolyn's cat was due to have kittens. She had them yesterday. Three in all we believe. She hid herself in what will become the computer room at my sisters. There are so cute even though I haven't seen them yet. I know I will want to bring one home, but we have allergies and I want to continue to travel for as long as I can. I love being out on the open road.

Monday, April 26, 2010

April 26, 2010 Akron, OHIO

It's a rainy Monday. Not much time as I am going to take Becky to work. I just need to do some serious updating. I am following a blog for Sjogren's Syndrome. At one time I had started one, but I find it very difficult with follow through + the fact I don't know so much about it. I know what it is doing to me, but each person is different depending on your pain level tolerance. I have a higher level, but that doesn't mean much . Hmmm,,,why did I just type that? It just came out of my mind and flowed through my finger tips.

No comments: